Operated by Sanitary Garbage Company, 11 th & Caldwell- (402) 223-4079; FAX (402) 228-2643
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday- 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Closed Wednesdays and weekends
Rates: Regular Service- $14.30/month ($8.90 to hauler; $5.40 to landfill) *4/15
Yard Waste: $7.50 additional per month (Wed); No bags, barrels, or boxes; cans only (32 gal) 7 within 5' of curb, before 6:00 a.m., pure grass or leaves; limit 5/grass or 10/leaves; 50 lbs. ea. Once started-goes thru Nov.
Carry Out- $3.00 additonal per month (household garbage only & need to stay on carry out for at least a year). Sticks go on the curb.
Appliances & Tires- $5.00 each PLUS $15.00 hauling fee (keep separate from garbage) (stoves, water haters, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, dryer etc) Copy machines are not appliances.
North & East- Tuesday/Friday (North of alley between Ella & Elk, East of 6 th Street excluding east of 19 th and South of Lincoln)
South & West- Monday/Thursday (South of alley between Ella & Elk, West of 6 th Street)
Garbage must be out by 6:00 a.m. and within 5' of the curb or alley.
- 32 gallon containers-each not to exceed 50 lbs. *NO BARRELS (If you use larger than 32 gallon cans, everything must be bagged. They will reach in and pull bagged garbage out, but will not dump out he loose.)
- GRASS AND LEAVES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE MIXED WITH HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE.
- We are not responsible for other items left in the general pickup area.
- Brush must be bundled, tied or in a box and no longer than 4 ft. Brush may not exceed 3" in diameter. This needs to be included in the limit state above. 4' is thelength limit.
- Garden and flowerbed waste is considered to be regular garbage.
- We offer extra pickup service for larger items and cleanup ($16.40 minimum). *Prepay or pay the day of the special haul. Call or stop in for more information.
- To avoid truck and landfill fires, we request that ashes be placed in boxes or paper bags.
Rates: Regular Service : $12.80/ month ($8.10 to Hauler; $4.70 to Landfill)
Yardwaste: $7.50 additional per month (Wednesdays) NO BAGS, BARRELS, OR BOXES-
CANS ONLY (32 gal) & within 5' of curb, before 6:30 a.m., pure grass or leaves, limit 5/grass or 10/leaves, 50 lbs. each. Once started-goes thru November.
Carry out: $3.00 additional per month (household garbage only & need to stay on carry out for at least a year). Sticks go on the curb.
Appliances & Tires: $5.00 each PLUS $15.00 hauling fee (keep separate from garbage). (stoves, water heaters, air conditioners, dehumidifers, dryers etc.)
Prohibited: No grass or leaves from April 1 through November 30.
No bricks, concrete, dirt, manure, pallets, steel stakes or rock. The landfill doesn't accept (so we can not haul); antifreeze, batteries, fluorescent bulbs, grass or leaves, hazardous materials, steel pipes, liquids, oil or paint.
Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. **In the event that your regularly scheduled pick up day falls on a holiday, double the limit will be picked up on your next pick up day.
Please have a visible house address. Notify the office when you move or discontinue service. You will be held responsible for the bill until such notification. After hours answering machine available. We no longer have an overnight deposit box at our office. Section 22-31 of the Beatrice City Code prohits any person to place garbage, refuse or rubbish in another's container or allow someone to do so.
Recycling Center open Monday-Friday Noon - 6:00 p.m.- Saturday- 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.- Closed Sundays. Located at 11th & Caldwell; Phone 223-3379
Accepted: Plastic 1 & 2, newspaper, phone books, books, magazines, corrugated cardboard, paper, aluminum, tin, batteries, bi-metal cans, fluorescent bulbs. Yard waste for a small charge.